Virtual backups are increasingly becoming a more reliable and efficient alternative to tape backups, and here's why:
42% of attempted recoveries from tape backup failed in the past year. - Microsoft.
31.2% of IT professionals surveyed say that unreliable tapes are a significant problem -Storage Magazine.
71% of all tape restores fail -Gartner Group.
40% of IT managers have been unable to recover data from a tape when they needed it -Yankee Group and Sunbelt Software.
- No more switching tapes or manual rotations.
- Bare metal recovery of Windows servers in minutes not hours/days as with tape.
- Servers backed up to local storage every hour vs. nightly with t ape.
- No more susceptibility to tape media and physical drive motor problem.
- Restore from long term snapshot data from prior days, weeks, months, years…you decide.
- Daily incrementals are merged nightly into local Virtual Server image and mirrored offsite.
- Boot off a local virtual server that is hardware independent and can run off any PC/Server in the event of a disaster.
- Compatible with VMware and other virtual environments.